On Thu, Jul 03, 2014 at 10:10:04PM +0000, Tofu Ninja via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> On Thursday, 3 July 2014 at 21:55:52 UTC, H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d
> wrote:
> >On Thu, Jul 03, 2014 at 09:42:48PM +0000, Tofu Ninja via Digitalmars-d
> >wrote:
[...]
> [...]
[...]
> >>Oh those all look good, personally I like the first one the best. I
> >>agree that the horizon/sheen is not necessary, I never even saw it
> >>as a horizon until it was brought up.
> >
> >Actually, I have a hard time recognizing the logo without the horizon
> >/ sheen. I'm not sure if this is bias caused by prior interpretation,
> >but none of the black & white variations make me associate them with
> >the current D logo.

> Hmmm... thats interesting. Maybe because I never saw it as a horizon,
> just as a sheen, I never really interpreted it as actually apart of
> the logo. If this is true then it might be beneficial to take a poll
> for who thinks it looks like a horizon or who thinks it looks like a
> sheen.

TBH I didn't even know it was a horizon (or that some people see it as a
horizon) until recently when somebody pointed it out. But the 2-part
balance that it imparts to the current logo is quite distinctive to me,
which is lacking in the above sketches.

In any case, the white on red combo to me is a distinguishing
characteristic of the current logo, so I have a hard time recognizing
the black & white versions unless I consciously look for the D logo in
them.

(Then again, I'm no graphic designer, so take my opinions with a
suitably-sized grain of salt. :P)

Computers are like a jungle: they have monitor lizards, rams, mice, c-moss,
binary trees... and bugs.