On Thursday, 18 September 2014 at 16:55:33 UTC, H. S. Teoh via
Digitalmars-d wrote:
On Thu, Sep 18, 2014 at 07:13:48PM +0300, ketmar via Digitalmars-d wrote:
On Thu, 18 Sep 2014 17:05:31 +0100
Bruno Medeiros via Digitalmars-d <digitalmars-d@puremagic.com> wrote:

> * a small (or big) visual glitch, like pixels out of place,
> corrupted textures, or 3D model of an object becoming > deformed, or > the physics of some object behaving erratically, or some > broken
> animation.
or the whole game renders itself unbeatable due to some correpted data, but you have no way to know it until you made it to the Final
Boss and can never win that fight. ah, so charming!

Exactly!!!!

Seriously, this philosophy of ignoring supposedly "minor" bugs in software is what led to the sad state of software today, where nothing is reliable and people have come to expect that software will inevitably crash, and that needing to reboot an OS every now and then just to keep things working is acceptable. Yet, strangely enough, people will scream
bloody murder if a car behaved like that.

Fully agree. I support the idea that software companies should be
accountable by their products the same way as other industries.

Just like when you buy a car the car dealer will be accountable
for any defect.

Sure it will make software development a bit more expensive, but
it will also end with a lot of cowboy programming, updates that
only work in full moon, ...

--
Paulo