On Thursday, 18 September 2014 at 16:05:32 UTC, Bruno Medeiros wrote:

"If it's a game, who cares" -> Oh let's see... let's say I'm playing a game, and then there's a bug (which happens often). What would I prefer to happen:

* a small (or big) visual glitch, like pixels out of place, corrupted textures, or 3D model of an object becoming deformed, or the physics of some object behaving erratically, or some broken animation.

* the whole game crashes, and I lose all my progress?

So Walter, which one do you think I prefer? Me, and the rest of the million gamers out there?

Don't worry. A shipped game would have been built with -release set because it's a release build. No one cares about the reliability of released software, only test builds. /rant