On Sunday, 5 October 2014 at 05:46:56 UTC, ketmar via Digitalmars-d wrote:
On Sun, 05 Oct 2014 03:47:31 +0000
Cliff via Digitalmars-d <digitalmars-d@puremagic.com> wrote:

This is a great feature where we lack a really solid IDE experience (which would have intellisense and auto-completion that could be accurate and prevent such errors from occurring in the first place.) Otherwise it would probably be redundant.
i'm not using IDEs for more than a decade (heh, i'm using mcedit to write code). yet this feature drives me mad: it trashes my terminal with useless garbage output. it was *never* in help, there were no moment when i looked at suggested identifier and thinked: "aha, THAT is the bug!" but virtually each time i see usggestion i'm thinking: "oh,
well, i know. 'cmon, why don't you just shut up?!"

it's like colorizing the output, yet colorizing can be turned off, and
suggestions can't.

That you even make the bug at all which triggers the error is an indication the developer workflow you use is fundamentally flawed. This is something which should be caught much earlier - when you are at the point the typo was made - not after you have committed a change to disk and presented it to the compiler, where your train of thought may be significantly different.

I'd much rather energy be directed at the prevention of mistakes, not the suppression of help in fixing them - if I had to choose. But I wouldn't object to having a switch to turn off the help if it bothers you that much. Seems like a very small thing to add.