On 8/11/2014 4:16 a.m., Bruno Medeiros wrote:
On 31/10/2014 12:16, Rikki Cattermole wrote:
On 1/11/2014 12:35 a.m., Bruno Medeiros wrote:
On 27/10/2014 22:35, Jeremy Powers via Digitalmars-d wrote:

An interesting path to take for an intellij plugin would be to use his
DCD/libdparse for all the heavy lifting, with the plugin just farming
out the work to external daemon process(es).  That would avoid having
yet another lexer/parser implementation to keep up to date.

Integrating DCD might work well, because autocompletion is used
sporadically (and is invoked explicitly by the user). But parsing is
probably invoked quite often by IntelliJ, and as such it could be tricky
to integrate with libdparse (because you'd have to invoke an external
process all the time)

 From my small test file with my attempt at this, its fine to call e.g.
DScanner to grab the ast. Its actually pretty fast which I was a little
shocked about.

How fast is "pretty fast"? Milliseconds please.

I didn't benchmark it. So no idea.