On 13/11/14 10:36, Paulo Pinto via Digitalmars-d wrote:
Actually I think it makes the life harder to earn Windows developers hearts for
D, specially with .NET Native around the corner (it will come in Windows 10).

Free Visual Studio + C#/F# + SIMD + .NET Native is a very enticing proposal.

I don't think there's any point in worrying about this. Microsoft open-sourcing .NET and making Visual Studio freely available is a great contribution to software development. Rather than worrying about whether it will take away opportunities from D, we should just focus on making D as good as it can be and solving the problems of the people who find it compelling.