On Monday, 8 December 2014 at 14:31:50 UTC, ketmar via Digitalmars-d wrote:
On Mon, 08 Dec 2014 13:49:30 +0000
Ivan Kazmenko via Digitalmars-d <digitalmars-d@puremagic.com> wrote:
Personally, when I face the need for a size_t, I usually can (and do) use auto instead. And even if I have to spell it, I don't care too much how it's called, only whether it can be easily recognized.
i bet that "woobooAAARGH" will be even easier to recognize than
"size_t". as there is no other types in D with "_t" suffix, you have to remember that anyway, so it doesn't really matter which one to remember. ;-)

Now that you say it, indeed the code won't be fancy if it goes like
    woobooAAARGH len = name.length;
I'll go with an auto here, or yet another type alias.

Perhaps I don't have strong feelings against size_t because I like old_c_style_variable_names more than theNewShinyCamelCase. It's just a personal preference.