On Wednesday, 10 December 2014 at 02:15:04 UTC, ketmar via Digitalmars-d wrote:
On Tue, 09 Dec 2014 17:28:15 +0000
Ivan Kazmenko via Digitalmars-d <digitalmars-d@puremagic.com> wrote:

A well-designed language allows to recover from errors with good probability
if compiler can recover from error, it should not report the error at
all -- 'cause it can fix the code for me.

that is absolutely nonsense, you *CAN'T* "recover" from invalid code.
that is the fact. fact: Earth is not a sphere. fact: you can't
automatically recover from invalid code.

That sounds much like an opinion, a lot less like a fact. If you are willing to convince people, please provide some evidence, aside from another unrelated fact. If you guess the right recovery in, say, 99% of cases, few would care that it's theoretically impossible in the general case.

In my experience, I find multiple reported compile errors useful in a number of programming languages and compilers including D. It allows for somewhat faster error fixing than the first-error-only reporting strategy - seen that, too, back in the Borland Pascal MS-DOS IDE and few other compilers. I won't trade the extra benefit just for philosophical notions.