On 16/12/2014 9:40 a.m., evenex wrote:
But we keep getting hamstrung by bugs; hitting compiler segfaults during
template metaprogramming is a very common occurrence, and sometimes UFCS
fails. We continue to make progress but lose a lot of time finding
workarounds for apparently valid but noncompiling code. We are hoping
that with the increased interest in D lately, the implementation will
stabilize, but we are nervous about the long-term prospects.

Something I've learned while working with templates in D is, there is a very specific way to write them. Especially to work at compile time.
I'm wondering if you were fighting the compiler because of this.

Although by the sounds yes, it was bugs, so good thing they are getting fixed anyway.