On 12/29/14 6:11 PM, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
On Tuesday, 30 December 2014 at 02:00:57 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
Oh yah! https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dlang.org/pull/271
(which I'm breaking into bite-sized pieces) uses it! -- Andrei

Yeah, I think it works for code embedded in the ---\ncode\n--- areas,
but not the rest of it.

If it worked on all text the user typed, there'd be no more need for
nonsense like $(GT). (You might still need LPAREN, RPAREN, COMMA, and
DOLLAR, since they are special to ddoc itself, but there'd be no more
need for the nonsense of escaping every random character the target
format might need.)

That's not good either because then it works too much. -- Andrei