On 2015-01-08 22:23, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
On Thursday, 8 January 2015 at 21:14:43 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
I don't think there is a way.

version(Ddoc) dummy prototypes maybe. But that gets painful.

Tango is using this method quite heavily in some modules. It also gives the opportunity to simplify signatures.

Though I think the compiler should NOT do conditional compilation when
generating documentation. Instead, I'd prefer to just put it all out and
then maybe group.

So the doc would actually list the separate entries under all version
headers. Not just OS, but arch or custom bits too. Then the user can see
it all. Then by attaching classes to the outputted data you could easily
do a filter by OS.

That would be really nice.

--
/Jacob Carlborg