On Monday, 26 January 2015 at 20:19:09 UTC, Laeeth Isharc wrote:

Does Rust have the productivity of D? And it doesn't have the maturity, as I understand it.

This brings up something that's been bugging me. D has a pitch for users of a lot of crappy languages, but what do we say when the competition isn't a total slouch?

<chum> otherguy: f#, ocaml, haskell

Particularly against F#, I'm not sure what to say (it's a pretty interesting language, even if it's kind of ugly to look at and CIL-ly). Thoughts?

-Wyatt