On 3/13/15 1:24 PM, weaselcat wrote:
On Friday, 13 March 2015 at 19:18:11 UTC, Namespace wrote:
On Friday, 13 March 2015 at 19:11:59 UTC, weaselcat wrote:
On Friday, 13 March 2015 at 19:03:29 UTC, Namespace wrote:
On Friday, 13 March 2015 at 19:01:08 UTC, weaselcat wrote:
On Friday, 13 March 2015 at 18:55:18 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
On 3/13/2015 3:34 AM, bearophile wrote:
"Strict mode" is a D2 with immutable+@safe+pure by default,

Note that you can get this largely by starting a module with the
following:

immutable @safe pure:

As far as I'm aware, there's no way to mark functions impure this
way other than lexical location. Am I incorrect?

There is no way to mark functions impure, mutable or virtual. ;)

Is there a reason for this?
I currently put @safe: at the top of all of my D files, and use
@trusted/@system as needed(i.e, barely ever except for IO.) I'm not
sure if it's good practice but I prefer it.

As always: there was many discussions and nothing was decided/done.
The nearest thing we had (and I'm so proud that the suggestion comes
from me :P) was: final(false), pure(false) etc.

This is really something that should be brought up again, it seems like
a small change with a big payoff.

Yah, we sorely need a way to undo an attribute. BTW "@undo" is short and sweet. -- Andrei