On Monday, 30 March 2015 at 23:28:50 UTC, w0rp wrote:
Seriously though, allocating a bunch of memory until you hit some maximum threshold, possibly configured, and freeing unreferenced memory at that point, pausing compilation while that happens? This is GC. I wonder if someone enterprising enough would be willing to try it out with DDMD by swapping malloc calls with calls to D's GC or something.

has anyone tried using boehm with dmd? I'm pretty sure it has a way of being LD_PRELOADed to override malloc IIRC.