On Wednesday, 15 April 2015 at 15:49:10 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad wrote:
On Wednesday, 15 April 2015 at 15:36:44 UTC, XavierAP wrote:
That looks like good architecture. I'm not sure if 2 and 3 wouldn't be at the same level of (non-) dependency? Or maybe it's the image processing example you've used. In any case 2 would have more priority because of practical reasons (necessity for a real-world standard library, and core-ness) and lack of 3rd-party alternatives.

clip

Image processing is also a hard nut to crack. Think just about height fields in 3D. Satellite images with N layer of high resolution or too large to fit in memory etc. Then you have run length encoding...

For Satellite image processing at least GDAL can take care of most of the memory/image handling stuff. I have some D Bindings (largely untested).

https://github.com/craig-dillabaugh/gdal