On 10/12/09 04:14, Chad J wrote:
Jeremie Pelletier wrote:
Lutger wrote:
Jacob Carlborg wrote:
As far as I know neither Qt(d) or gtkD uses native controls on platforms
other than linux, which to me is unacceptable. The look especially on
mac.

Qt used to try and look like native controls, but now it uses them
directly.

It has pros and cons, Firefox too has the native look and feel without
using the native controls, so it saves on the overhead of tons of GDI
handles and can render the entire GUI in cairo.

I actually rather dislike GTK from a user standpoint.  It doesn't mesh
well at all on my KDE linux setup.  The file dialog is also a frequent
source of annoyance, as it is different then everything else and seems
to want to fight with me.  Qt is much better at these things.

Too bad we can't just make programs switch between GUI backends at will ;)

Why not have a GUI toolkit available on almost all platforms that uses native controls just like DWT?