On Wednesday, 3 June 2015 at 03:47:00 UTC, Rikki Cattermole wrote:
On 3/06/2015 3:35 p.m., Kelet wrote:
For a small amount of software at work I'm able to use D. Most recently, I used D & vibe.d to communicate with a conveyor belt system for a warehouse. I'd use it more but most of our code and data is tied into a proprietary ecosystem (language, database, etc.). Slowly, we're moving away from this ecosystem toward the JVM, but I will use D where native
code makes sense.

Thanks,
Kelet

Okay, just so I know you haven't had to deal with one of the worst languages ever. It's not jade is it?

No, our ecosystem revolves around a proprietary and archaic dialect of COBOL.

Thanks,
Kelet