On Wednesday, 3 June 2015 at 07:47:04 UTC, Dan Olson wrote:
Dan Olson <go...@comcast.net> writes:
Meant "Is there a way?" to do such a thing with templates.

I don't think there is a way to turn symbols into strings without a table or #preprocessing. In C++ I would personally have used a table instead, but as a quick hack for testing, a macro would do.

I am not sure if this should be possible with templates as the actual name of the symbol should be transparent to the type-system. The type system should only care about identity/uniqueness of symbols, not spelling, sorting etc. So if C++ made it available it should not be through the type system IMO.