On Monday, 8 June 2015 at 04:22:56 UTC, Mike wrote:
On Monday, 8 June 2015 at 04:21:45 UTC, Tofu Ninja wrote:

Personally I would just be happy with a d wrapper for something like freeimage being included.

That's what Deimos is for (https://github.com/D-Programming-Deimos/FreeImage).

Yeah. After the problems with linking in curl, I think that we more or less decided that including stuff in Phobos which has to link against 3rd party libraries isn't a great idea. Maybe we'll end up doing it again, but in general, it just makes more sense for those to be done as 3rd party libraries and put in code.dlang.org.

- Jonathan M Davis