On Thursday, 18 June 2015 at 18:15:32 UTC, weaselcat wrote:
I didn't even read it, I thought it was going to be like a standardized pnacl from the naming.

Well, it is hard to say what it will become, maybe it is possible come up with an IR that doesn't sacrifice performance and still can easily be translated into Javascript with reasonable performance.

But what's the point? One could compile an application to both asm.js and WebAssembly instead.

Sounds like politics could turn this into a long stumbling process.