On Wednesday, 24 June 2015 at 14:01:32 UTC, Wyatt wrote:
On Tuesday, 23 June 2015 at 22:51:08 UTC, Vladimir Panteleev wrote:
On Tuesday, 23 June 2015 at 22:45:10 UTC, Vladimir Panteleev wrote:

Proposed new name: withExtension

I feel this fails the litmus you established before: "These functions have the same functionality, but one of them is eager, and the other is lazy. Can you guess which is which?"

I don't think I'd interpret these two names as having the same functionality in the first place. I'd probably learn their equivalence completely by accident and only remember it by rote.

Interesting. But once you know that, it's easy to tell which is which, no?