On Tuesday, 30 June 2015 at 14:58:45 UTC, Atila Neves wrote:
On Tuesday, 30 June 2015 at 12:42:40 UTC, Sebastiaan Koppe wrote:
On Tuesday, 30 June 2015 at 08:06:37 UTC, Atila Neves wrote:
[...]

These days I am leaning towards BDD, but everybody has his favorite. Maybe just providing the low-level details in std.testing would enough; e.g. a test runner, UDA's and assertions.

Yeah, I'm starting to think it might be better to delete `should.d` from my current PR, try to get the rest approved then work on where the community wants the fancy assertions to go. It's a shame though because I think it's a massively important piece of the whole thing. It's a night and day difference when a test fails.

Atila

Makes sense. You could still keep the should's, just rename the whole lot to isEmpty / isNotEmpty / isGreaterThan and have it return a bool instead of calling fail internally. Then you would simply expect the callee to do that. As in: `assert(5.isEqual(6));`.