On 10/17/09 07:06, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
"Christopher Wright"<dhase...@gmail.com>  wrote in message
Jacob Carlborg wrote:
On 10/16/09 12:58, Tomas Lindquist Olsen wrote:
GtkD supports Glade.

Yes, but GtkD doesn't use native controls.

A minor point, I think. Eclipse doesn't look very native and has
widespread acceptance.

Probably not as minor as it might seem. I find eclipse ugly. And although
I'd never really thought about it before, I have to admit, I think it *is*
one of the many factors as to why it's always felt too "bloated" for my
tastes.

Yes eclipse looks ugly. It's quite hard to create a GUI that looks good and native on all platforms (if you don't use separate GUIs).

Besides, I can think of things (lots of things, in fact) that are pure
steaming piles of (well, one can guess), but even despite that have still
managed to gain widespread acceptance.