On Thursday, 13 August 2015 at 16:22:04 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
On Thursday, 13 August 2015 at 16:19:29 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
You can get that behavior with static imports in D, but having to use the whole import path while referencing symbols gets ugly fast.

Check example again, you are only required to use the plain module name, not fully qualified one. With D syntax:

import std.stdio;

writeln(); // not good
stdio.writeln(); // good
std.stdio.writeln(); // also good, but not required

Well, that's better than requiring the full import path, but requiring _any_ module name is just plain annoying IMHO. If I were okay with that I wouldn't be doing stuff like

using namespace std;

in all of my .cpp files - and that's a really common thing to do.

- Jonathan M Davis