On Friday, 4 September 2015 at 14:22:17 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
On Thursday, 3 September 2015 at 01:54:45 UTC, Laeeth Isharc wrote:
On Tuesday, 1 September 2015 at 17:14:44 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
One of the first projects I used D for was back in college a number of years ago where I got sick of some of the issues I was having with C++ and went with D because it gave me stuff like array bounds checking. I was using very few of D's features (heck, D2 was quite young at that point, and I don't think that ranges had been introduced to Phobos yet at that point, so the standard library was seriously lacking anyway), but it was still easier to use D.

- Jonathan M Davis

worthy of a quick blogpost sometime?  Laeeth.

My memory would be pretty sketchy on it at this point. I remember what the project was (it had to do with randomly generating 3D fractals in opengl for a graphics course), but that was back in 2008, I think, and I couldn't really say much interesting about it beyond the fact that I was annoyed enough with C++ at the time to use D for the project. The only thing notable about it is that it was the first thing that I did in D that was actually supposed to do something rather than just messing around with the language.

- Jonathan M Davis

Tku for colour.