On 09/09/15 8:26 PM, qznc wrote:
The Rust people have this Crater [0,1] tool, which essentially builds
all Rust libraries with two compiler versions and compares for regressions.

Since D has a central library repository as well, it would make sense to
do this broad testing as well. We don't have nightly builds (or do we?),
but release candidates. Is something like this already done?

For example, dfmt broke between 2.068 and 2.068.1 [2]. It is easily
possible to detect regressions like this automatically. The biggest
problem is probably that someone has to provide servers or pay for AWS
instances.

[0] https://internals.rust-lang.org/t/crater-plans/2206
[1] https://github.com/brson/taskcluster-crater
[2] https://github.com/Hackerpilot/dfmt/pull/184#issuecomment-138713802