On Wednesday, 9 September 2015 at 08:56:56 UTC, Rikki Cattermole wrote:
On 09/09/15 8:26 PM, qznc wrote:
The Rust people have this Crater [0,1] tool, which essentially builds all Rust libraries with two compiler versions and compares for regressions.

Since D has a central library repository as well, it would make sense to do this broad testing as well. We don't have nightly builds (or do we?),
but release candidates. Is something like this already done?

For example, dfmt broke between 2.068 and 2.068.1 [2]. It is easily possible to detect regressions like this automatically. The biggest problem is probably that someone has to provide servers or pay for AWS
instances.

Or use travis-ci.

One problem with relying on travis is that it doesn't rerun tests for the libraries when compiler is updated. Crater seems to automatically compile/test all libraries whenever there is a compiler upgrade. Maybe it could be integrated with the autotester?

https://auto-tester.puremagic.com/