On Wednesday, 9 September 2015 at 12:02:55 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
I think it's a great idea. This has been suggested before. The objections were that:

* If you do find a problem who should be responsible for figuring out if it's a regression or an intended change?

It does raise the bar for language changes. Most changes should be backwards compatible. For intended changes it forces us to come up with a way to automatically detect and ideally fix it (dfix?).

In an ideal world, I would imagine it like this: Tester finds a package breaks. Package is on Github, so Tester can file an issue there. Tester checks out the source from repo, runs dfix, sends pull request referencing the issue.

* Not all packages are maintained enough to keep up with all compiler changes

Then it would be quite interesting to know about this and provide this information at code.dlang.org, like "broken for 2.068.0 and above".