On Friday, 11 September 2015 at 11:52:20 UTC, Chris wrote:
Out of curiosity I searched for "reasons to use D" and I found this:

http://blog.pluralsight.com/d-programming-language-explained

This paragraph called my attention:

"At the same time, D doesn’t get all New Age on you: It doesn’t try to be multi-paradigm, it doesn’t claim “five percent better than C” performance, nor does it provide any language features that dramatically alter the existing object-oriented programming status quo."

Sorry, but D _is_ multi-paradigm and it does challenge (not actively though) the OOP "status quo". I haven't written a class for a long time now, and I don't really miss it. D does not go against OOP in an ideological kind of way, but it clearly shows other ways of doing things.

Then again, there are a lot of multi-paradigm platforms. I think C++ apologizers say "C++ is multi-paradigm" where others say "C++ is a messy hack". It sounds better.

Multi paradigm: JVM, .NET, Common Lisp... even JavaScript could be framed as multi paradigm. Single paradigm: Forth, Scheme... And... eh?

Here is another source for external D evaluations I missed, January 2015:

http://developers.slashdot.org/story/15/01/20/2026221/is-d-an-underrated-programming-language

I find the viewpoints of the student who wrote 18000 lines of D code interesting.