On Friday, 9 October 2015 at 12:05:13 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad wrote:
C++ is under pressure from Rust, Go and perhaps also D. Mostly because it takes years (or decades) to get new features into C++, so they have to start working on new features early. I am not even sure we would have seen the C++ guidelines/GSL initiative without Rust. They basically bypassed the standard process in order to "add features" faster by pushing it at CppCon...

and in typical C++ fashion, it's going to just be a gigantic ugly hack