On Tuesday, 15 December 2015 at 16:12:18 UTC, Chris Wright wrote:
On Tue, 15 Dec 2015 09:09:43 +0000, Adrian Matoga wrote:

Fantastic example of why this strategy should be just banned.

Just as well I wasn't recommending it as a long-term solution. I was more offering it as additional evidence that template definitions can get a bit large and people have known that this is a problem for documentation for eight years now.

"Banned" is a strong term. Perhaps you simply meant it should not be recommended and should not be used in Phobos?

Yes, perhaps "strongly discouraged" would be a more appropriate wording. version(StdDdoc) already appears about 40 times in Phobos, sometimes wrapping quite large blocks of declarations. I doubt the maintainability of such setup in the long term.