On Wednesday, 16 December 2015 at 14:23:54 UTC, Pradeep Gowda wrote:
I'm very partial to using pandoc (http://pandoc.org/) as a universal processor for converting markdown to various output formats. Rust used pandoc as their processor till they wrote their own toolchain. (writing markdown parsers appears to be right of passage to some...).

pandoc comes with an unbelievable amount of dependencies.

Notably the LaTeX dependency: on Mac the LaTeX distribution is a whopping 2gb download.

It seems nice in theory, but in practice pandoc takes things like \newpage (latex code fragments) in their Markdown input. And Markdown already accepts HTML tags! I much prefer DDoc.