On Wednesday, 3 February 2016 at 08:34:47 UTC, Sönke Ludwig wrote:
So for comparison, D (Programming Language) shows 36 searches in January 2016 in Google Trends for me, while the webmaster tools show 235 klicks on vibed.org for "vibe.d" searches in the same timeframe (12 clicks for "dlang"). So the question is what those Google Trend numbers actually show, it can't be the total amount of searches.

I believe it is percentage relative to the peak of the graph?

But the heuristics for the aggregated Google classification is very wrong, maybe they put more effort into the big languages like Java and C++? I've previously seen "java d compiler" classified as related to "d programming language".