On Tuesday, 5 January 2016 at 04:19:01 UTC, Chris Wright wrote:
You could equivalently have a string containing valid D code, accompanied by CTFE parsers that will determine which indices to use. This has typically been considered an antipattern. It tends to work poorly with refactoring tools, for instance, and there's an assumption that string literals are data and not code.

Would the D string tokens do?

BTW. Thanks for all your valuable comments. I really like that kind of critique.

C#'s system of lambda expressions that you can access as expression trees keeps the benefits of writing everything in the same language.

I think I'm still not convinced to that approach (seems hacky). I agree with Walter in that matter (language changes, AST, overloading etc).

Especially, D is number one in meta-programming capabilities (among C++ and Rust) and nothing seems to change it in foreseeable future (https://users.rust-lang.org/t/rust-vs-dlang-i-want-more-experienced/4472/11)

Piotrek