First, I'm very happy to see that. Sounds like a good project. Some remarks: - You seems to be using classes. These are good to compose at runtime, but we can do better at compile time using value types. I suggest using value types and have a class wrapper that can be used to make things composable at runtime if desirable. - Being able to read.write from an io device in a generator like manner is I think important if we are rolling out something new. Literally the only thing that can explain the success of Node.js is this (everything else is crap). See async/await in C# (https://msdn.microsoft.com/fr-fr/library/hh191443.aspx) or Hack (https://docs.hhvm.com/hack/async/introduction).
 - I like the input range stuff. Input ranges needs more love.
 - Please explain valves more.
 - ...
 - Profit ?