On Wednesday, 17 February 2016 at 06:45:41 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:

foreach(line; (new IODevice(0)).bufferedInput
    .asText!(UTFType.UTF8)
    .byLine
    .asInputRange)
   // handle line

This looks pretty all-right so far. Would something like this work?

foreach(pollItem; zmqSocket.bufferedInput
    .as!(zmqPollItem)
    .asInputRange)

3. The focus of this library is NOT replacement of std.stream, or even low-level i/o in general.

Oh. Well maybe that's not the case, but it may have potential anyway. If nothing else, for testing API concepts.

6. There is a concept in here I called "valves". It's very weird, but it allows unifying input and output into one seamless chain. In fact, I can't think of how I could have done output in this regime without them. See the convert example application for details on how it is used.

This... might be cool? It bears some similarity to my own ideas. I'd like to see more examples, though.

-Wyatt