On Monday, 29 February 2016 at 19:23:08 UTC, Jonathan M Davis wrote:
My solution would be to never have the same file be part of multiple projects. Share code using libraries rather than just sharing the files. Then modules won't be changing where they are in a project or anything like that. The shared code goes into a library, and whichever projects need it link against that library. You get better modularization and encapsulation that way and completely avoid the problem that you're having.
Thanks for your answer ; from what I understand, you're basically telling me to only import binary/precompiled libraries, right?

Although I had to admit I had never considered this solution, never have the same file be part of multiple projects seems extremely restrictive to me. How is it going to work if I want to share heavily templated code, like a container library?