On Monday, 29 February 2016 at 21:33:37 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
On Monday, 29 February 2016 at 21:04:52 UTC, Sebastien Alaiwan wrote:
Ok so now let's say I rename the directory "lib" to "foo". If I don't change the "import lib.hello" to "import foo.hello", how is the compiler going to find "hello.d"?

You have to tell the compiler where it is.
Is it only possible with separate compilation?

Either way, the module name is *not* optional.

(As a reminder, as I said, I'm using separate compilation)

meh that's part of your problem, why are you doing it that way?
Because it reduces turnaround time (this is something I actually measured on the project I'm currently working on). Having to recompile everything each time I make a modification takes up to 25s on this project. By the way, I'm using gdc. Is it also part of my problem? :-)