Jeremy DeHaan wrote:
Hey all,

I'm trying to think of good project ideas for this years GSoC, and one
in particular I thought would be a great was working on and improving
the GC. I'm not sure what the scope of this project would be like, but
at the moment I am thinking writing a generational collector would be a
good place to start.

I have more ideas, but I don't have a proposal yet. I just wanted some
initial feedback on the idea, perhaps some advice for scope with the
time frame in mind, and hopefully someone on the mentor list willing to
take this on if it were to be accepted.

     Jeremy

The follow-on projects enabled by a precise GC would be quite useful...

I'd be interested in mentoring if nobody else with more experience is interested.

--
// Adam Wilson
// quiet.dlang.dev