On Thursday, 24 March 2016 at 16:50:05 UTC, Bruno Medeiros wrote:
Not understanding the importance of package managers is another (DUB still not part of official distro?) Compare with Rust's Cargo.

Cargo is a good example of the problem with D. Not because of features (I don't know enough about either to compare) but because Cargo is documented like this:

http://doc.crates.io/

and Dub is documented like this:

http://code.dlang.org/getting_started

Dub is going to be the official package manager, everybody says we should use Dub, but there's no way I could tell someone I'm working with to use it. I won't touch it for that reason. It's not clear to me how others don't see this is a problem.