On 07-May-2016 19:50, Russel Winder via Digitalmars-d wrote:
On Sat, 2016-05-07 at 15:17 +0000, Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d
wrote:

[…]
Besides, zero is just as arbitrary as thirty-two (which, btw, is
a power of two*) and easy to remember if you use it anyway! I
[…]

0 is a power of two as well.

0 is not a power of two. Any power of non-negative number is > 0.

* I really think that's the main difference between American
units and the others - base two vs base ten. Base two is superior
in basically every way, but base ten is more newbie friendly for
doing irrelevant conversions.

They are not American units, they are Imperial units. Well except that
Americans give the same name to different values of the dimension.

--
Dmitry Olshansky