On 5/9/2016 11:37 AM, Xinok wrote:
All of these scenarios are capable of producing "incorrect" results, are a
source of discrete bugs (often corner cases that we failed to consider and
test), and can be hard to detect. It's about time we stopped being stubborn and
flagged these things as warnings. Even if they require a special compiler flag
and are disabled by default, that's better than nothing.

I've used a B+D language that does as you suggest (Wirth Pascal). It was highly unpleasant to use, as the code became littered with casts. Casts introduce their own set of bugs.