On Thursday, 19 May 2016 at 05:06:44 UTC, Vladimir Panteleev wrote:
Here you can see the final string value of the program argument in your program.

The correct invocation is: mytest "my dir\\"

What you suggest is non-standard in Windows, and would require distributing the application with some form of comment saying you have to use double backslashes, which is unprofessional. Software should serve the user and not the other way round.

Notice I am not debating the escape character, but the inconsistency of buildNormalizedPath, which IMHO should have worked and fixed the trailing backslash.

In the future, consider posting to the learn group.

I did not post there because I thought this was not necessarily a newbie question. My apologies.