On 5/19/16 11:25 AM, Kagamin wrote:
On Thursday, 19 May 2016 at 14:53:21 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
Then complain to Microsoft :) This is Microsoft's command shell
sending that parameter to your program.

This is how CommandLineToArgvW behaves, which is called by druntime to
parse the command line. For example, xcopy parses the command line
correctly, e.g. this works as expected:
xcopy file "..\"

Thanks for correcting, this is a difference from posix that I forgot about.

The reason for this (as spelled out in the comments) is to get around the poor handling of utf8 by Windows.

I think if you write a C program in Windows, your argv/argc will contain .."

You'd have to do the same acrobatics D does to get the original, so I don't think this is a problem that we need to solve. Use those low-level functions if you wish.

-Steve