On 5/18/2016 8:49 PM, Hugo wrote:
mytest "my dir\"

I should get "OK", but instead I get:
Error: 'my test"' is not a valid directory path.

Windows command line processing has special handling for " and \. The \ is used to escape the next character, which here is a ". You can see the resulting argument is [my test"]. Note the quote.

If the trailing backslash is removed it works as intended, but IMHO
buildNormalizedPath should have worked.

buildNormalizedPath is passed [my test"]. It cannot possibly do as you suggest.

In any case, notice the double quote in the output. To me this suggests the
backslash is acting not as a path terminator but as an escape sequence.

This is happening because of how standard Windows programs deal with " and
\ on the command line.