On Thursday, 19 May 2016 at 22:44:06 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
On 5/19/2016 3:41 PM, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
So indeed, the OP stumbled upon a weird case of Windows command line, but it is
really just this one weird case.

It's not at all weird. It's just garden variety double quoted string behavior. Linux has its own quoting scheme on the command line, too.

I must confess I was a bit misled then by this portion of the unittest:

assert (buildNormalizedPath(`c:\foo\.\bar/..\\baz\`) == `c:\foo\baz`);

Since I saw somewhere D could use different quoting styles, I assumed the function would deal with the trailing backslash.