On Friday, 20 May 2016 at 21:09:23 UTC, cym13 wrote:
It would make binary comparison of libraries and executables difficult which troubles me as comparing hashes is a basics of binary distribution security : you can check that a precompiled binary is legit by recompiling it in the same conditions and comparing the two. It would be way harder if random components were added.

My recollection is that successively compiled binaries are rarely
directly comparable, because of timestamps embedded by compilers.
So I have to ask:  are there standard tools to understand enough
of the ELF binary format (or whatever, for the given platform) to
compare everything except the timestamps?