On 06/05/2016 03:52 PM, David wrote:
Yes those descriptions below are much better. I guess I glossed over
them. I focused too much on the cheat sheet, because I assumed the cheat
sheet was the quick link to function main pages (which seems to be the
case). Perhaps this is a case where 'more' isn't better? I'm not quite
sure what the cheat sheet really is providing...

The cheat sheet comes from the older style documentation which has all functions on one page and no generated listing of them. The cheat sheet provides a quick overview there, so that you don't have to scroll so much to find something.

For example, see the same page in the older style:

https://dlang.org/phobos/std_algorithm_comparison.html

In the newer style documentation, the cheat sheets don't really make sense. We're in the process of figuring out what to do about it.

I mean if it was an example of common uses of the function that would be
one thing. But I guess I'm not sure what information one is supposed to
get from the 'cheat' sheet.

Maybe it's just a case of bad documentation. Do you think that all descriptions in the the cheat sheet are bad, or are some acceptable? For example, `either`'s description is this:

Return first parameter p that passes an if (p) test, e.g. either(0, 42, 43) returns 42.

Is that good/bad/acceptable?