On Friday, 10 June 2016 at 09:46:11 UTC, ketmar wrote:
On Friday, 10 June 2016 at 09:35:32 UTC, Chris wrote:
And also, always use ldc or gdc, once your project is ready to go. dmd generated code is slow as it is only a reference compiler.

but not *dog* *slow*. ;-) if one don't really need to squeeze every possible cycle out of CPU, DMD-generated code is more than acceptable. i, for example, managed to make my scripting language almost as efficient with DMD -O as Lua with gcc -O3. ;-)

No not slow slow. Even in debugging mode it produces acceptable results for testing.

A scripting language based on D? Is it open source? I've always dreamt of something like that.