On 6/10/16 3:17 PM, Martin Nowak wrote:
Sounds good to me, thanks. Delegation/lieutenantship/empowering for the
win. I think we should also secure Martin's buy-in to make sure. -- Andrei

I'm fine with switching to ddox, could have happened a while ago.
Would be worth to switch for the auto-complete alone.

Awesome!

I should add that it would be valuable to keep the ddoc build as well. In my introductory material on D I discuss the basic elements of distribution: function, unittest, doc, deployment. It is compelling to mention that we build the stdlib documentation using the same means. An introduction to ddox at that point would be too much, and mentioning that "well ddoc isn't good enough for the official stdlib doc" does not sit well.

I'd want to disable or replace discourse before we make it our official
documentation. We could easily self-host some commenting functionality
if deemed necessary, but adding an unmaintained communication channel
isn't the best idea IMO.

I'm a bit bummed about that. I like it. Is my understanding incorrect that disqus is fairly established by now? I see it on a bunch of legit sites, and it seems to add value to those as it could add to ours.